The Administrative Committee for Confiscated Assets and Bureau of Special Investigation
The Administrative Committee for Confiscated Assets was formed by the State Peace and Development Council, Letter No. 229/nayaka (00)nathasa on 6-9-2005. The Chairman of the Committee is Minister for National Planning and Economic Development, Secretary is Director General of Central Statistical Department and members are the Deputy Minister for Home Affairs and other 13 persons.
6 Sub Committees were formed to Implement the Functions of the committee.
- (a) Sub Committee for Compilation of Confisticated Assets
- (b)Sub Committee for Maintainance and Issuing of Confiscated Assets
- (c)Sub Committee for Evaluation of Confiscated Assets
- (d)Sub Committee for Litigation of Confiscated Assets
- (e)Sub Committee for Financial Administration and Inspection of Confiscated Assets
- (f)Sub committee for Administrative Office of Confiscated Assets
The Director General of the Bureau of Special Investigation is the Leader of the Sub Committee for Maintenance and Issuing of Confiscated Assets.
The Committee for Sale of Housing project’s Buildings and Land plots were formed as Administrative Committee for Housing Project’s Building and Land Plots and Director General of the Bureau is Secretary of that Sub Committee.